Experience the forces of nature – ravines and gorges near Salzburg
The power of water splits the rock
The various reservoirs, ravines and gorges near Salzburg are a perfect day trip destination on hot days during your holidays in Zell am See.
You will find several natural ravines and gorges near Zell am See, where you may experience the incredible force of the element water during your holidays in Austria.
A refreshing cooling down at the Zell am See gorges
- The Sigmund Thun Gorge – also called “Kapruner Ache” - is waiting for you in Kaprun. Here the water of the glacier finds its way into the valley from a 320 metres long ravine.
- You will find a further fascinating gorge in Lofer: Vorderkaserklamm Gorge. 51 footbridges and 35 stairs lead you to the heart of this imposing natural ravine. The mountain river digs itself 6 millimetres into the stone every year.
- The Seisenbergklamm gorge in Weißbach is a rock natural monument. The relic of the last ice age was created roughly 20.000 years ago and is a wonderful day trip destination for the entire family.
- The Liechtensteinklamm gorge near St. Johann is steeped in legends. It is the deepest and longest ravine of the entire Alpine region.
- In Taxenbach at the edge of the national park Hohe Tauern the Kitzlochklamm ravine is waiting for you. It was named after young goats enjoying the pleasant shade on hot summer days.
The picturesque Kaprun reservoir
Find out how clean and sustainable energy is produced at the power plant and reservoir Kaprun during your holidays in Zell am See. Explore the glacier region of the Kaprun valley and let your gaze glide over the picturesque mountain landscape.
Discover the reservoirs, ravines and gorges near Salzburg during your holidays in Austria! The members of staff at the 4-star-hotel Hotel Latini and the 3-star-hotel Gasthof Schütthof in Zell am See are looking forward to your non-committal enquiry. You will receive a reply promptly.